Films & Other Videos
Films with: Dulac, Germaine
- Anthology of surreal cinema.
- Entŕacte: After a man is killed, his coffin takes on a life of it's own. After a long surrealistic chase, he climbs out of his coffin and makes everyone that was chasing his coffin disappear! -- container. La coquille et le clergyman: Obsessed with a general's wife, a clergyman has strange visions of death and lust, while struggling against his own eroticism. -- container. Ballet mecanique: An experimental film short from Cubist painter Fernand Léger containing a montage of images and rhythms that create a hallucinatory effect. Features the original soundtrack. -- container. Anemic cinema: An abstract and maybe nihilistic film short containing spiral forms merging into a rotating disc that's labeled with different messages. -- container.
- DVD 3731
- Avant-garde experimental cinema of the 1920s and '30s.
- Twenty-five short films selected from the avant garde movement of the 1920's and 1930's.
- DVD 3807
- Smiling Madame Beaudet La souriante Mme Beudet.
- One of the first feminist movies, The Smiling Madame Beudet is the story of an intelligent woman trapped in a loveless marriage. Her husband is used to playing a stupid practical joke in which he puts an empty revolver to his head and threatens to shoot himself. One day, while the husband is away, she puts bullets in the revolver. However, she is stricken with remorse and tries to retrieve the bullets the next morning. Her husband gets to the revolver first only this time he points the revolver at her.
- DVD 12403