Films & Other Videos
Films with: Dudamel, Gustavo
- Celebración 2010 opening night concert at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic celebrated the 2nd season with Music Director Gustavo Dudamel with this opening night concert. The gala concert featured another Latin American artist, tenor Juan Diego Florez. The concert was broadcast nationally on NPR and was taped for a PBS broadcast. Program featured Rossini arias and overtures, as well as Latin American popular songs and dances.
- DVD 9162
- Geburtstagskonzert für Papst Benedikt XVI Birthday concert for Pope Benedict XVI :
- "The concert that formed the centerpiece of Pope Benedict XVI's 80th-birthday celebrations. Also included are the welcoming speeches and the Pope's words of thanks."--www.amazon.com (viewed on Nov. 29, 2007).
- DVD 9155
- Promise of music
- This film documents Gustavo Dudamel preparing his Simón Bolívar Youth Orchestra of Venezuela in Caracas for their upcoming concert at the Beethovenfest in Bonn, 2007. Following different musicians in their day-to-day lives, the film shows how classical music is changing the individual and their environment. The climax of the film is the Bonn concert, which includes Beethoven's complete "Eroica" symphony and two pieces from the orchestra's Latin American homeland.
- DVD 7431
- Venezuela has a unique system of music education, taking children from violent slums of Caracas and turns some of them into world-class musicians. Shows how Venezuelan visionary Jose Antonio Abreu has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of children over the past three decades. Children from streets dominated by the gun battles of gang warfare are taken into music schools, given access to music, and taught how to build a better society.
- DVD 9159