Films & Other Videos
Films with: Douchet, Jean
- À bout de souffle Breathless /
- A small-time criminal kills a police officer, setting in motion a tragic series of events for both himself and his American girlfriend. Tells the story of Michel, a handsome young criminal, who is on the run after stealing a car and killing a policeman. He hides out in the Paris apartment of his American girlfriend and together they dodge the police, make love and steal cars to finance a trip to Italy. As the police net tightens, Michel becomes more desperate and his girlfriend commits the ultimate act of betrayal.
- DVD 1883
- Céline et Julie vont en bateau Celine and Julie go boating : Phantom ladies over Paris /
- "Whiling away a summer in Paris, director Jacques Rivette, working in close collaboration with his stars and coconspirators Juliet Berto and Dominique Labourier, set out to rewrite the rules of cinema in the spirit of pure play--moviemaking as an anything-goes romp through the labyrinths of imagination. The result is one of the most exuberantly inventive and utterly enchanting films of the French New Wave, in which Julie (Labourier), a daydreaming librarian, meets Céline (Berto), an enigmatic magician, and together they become the heroines of a time-warping adventure involving a haunted house, psychotropic candy, and a murder-mystery melodrama. Incorporating allusions to everything from Lewis Carroll to Louis Feuillade, Céline and Julie Go Boating is both one of the all-time-great hangout comedies and a totally unique, enveloping cinematic dream space that delights in the endless pleasures and possibilities of stories"--Container.
- DVD 13428
- Paris vu par
- Six directors release six vignettes set in different sections of Paris. Includes: Saint-Germain-des-Pres (Douchet); Gare du Nord (Rouch); Rue Saint-Denis (Pollet); Place de l'Etoile (Rhomer); Montparnasse and Levallois (Godard); and La Muette (Chabrol).
- DVD 9200