Films & Other Videos
Films with: Doob, Nick
- "Brownsville," black and white
- "This poignant and powerful documentary explores the complex history of interracial cooperation, urban change, and social conflict in Brownsville, a neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, from the 1930s to the present. A case study of the tragedy of urban American race relations, the film recounts the transformation of Brownsville from a poor but racially harmonious area made up largely of Jews and blacks to a community made up almost entirely of people of color."--Http://ucmedia.berkeley.edu.
- DVD 3311
- Carmen & Geoffrey the extraordinary lives of dancers Carmen de Lavallade & Geoffrey Holder /
- An intimate and revealing documentary that follows the careers of Carmen de Lavallade, a dynamic dancer and choreographer from California, and her husband Geoffrey Holder, an actor, dancer, choreographer, and theater director. Filmed in the United States, Trinidad, and Paris, and featuring interviews and dance performances with legends such as Alvin Alley, Herbert Ross, Lester Horton, Joe Layton, Duke Ellington, and Josephine Baker.
- DVD 7452
- Don't look back
- The legendary documentarian finds Dylan in London during his 1965 tour, which would be his last as an acoustic artist and marked a turning point in his career. In this wildly entertaining vision of one of the twentieth century's greatest artists thrust into the spotlight, Dylan is surrounded by teen fans; gets into heated philosophical jousts with journalists; and kicks back with fellow musicians Joan Baez, Donovan, and Alan Price.
- DVD 13003
- Down from the mountain
- A documentary capturing one of the most extraordinary concerts of traditional American music features behind-the-scenes encounters and dazzling performances. Includes interviews, rehearsal and concert segments.
- DVD 2060
- Ida B. Wells a passion for justice /
- Chronicles the life of Ida B. Wells, an early Afro-American journalist and activist who protested lynchings, the treatment of Afro-American soldiers, and other forms of racism and injustice toward black Americans around the turn of the century. Her involvement in the women's suffrage movement is also described.
- DVD 12011