Films & Other Videos
Films with: Dolan, Xavier
- Amours imaginaires Heartbeats /
- Two friends compete for the affections of the same man. Marie is a woman living in Montreal who has frequently been let down in her relationships with men, while her close friend Francis is a gay man who hasn't been faring much better in his love life. When Marie meets Nicolas, a good-looking man who is new in town, she's immediately attracted to him and tries to use her feminine allure to win him over. However, Francis is equally drawn to Nicolas.
- DVD 8126
- Boy erased
- Boy Erased tells the courageous story of Jared Eamons, the son of a Baptist pastor in a small American town, who must overcome the fallout of being outed to his parents. His parents struggle with reconciling their love for their son with their beliefs. Fearing a loss of family, friends, and community, Jared is pressured into attending a conversion therapy program. While there, Jared comes into conflict with its leader and begins his journey to finding his own voice and accepting his true self.
- DVD 12934
- J'ai tué ma mère I killed my mother /
- Focusing on the relationship between Hubert Minel, a 16-year-old Quebecois living in suburban Montreal, and his single mother Chantale, the film beautifully captures the anxieties of a mother-son relationship. While he gauges her with contempt, only seeing her out-of-date sweater and kitschy decor, the ingrained mechanisms (i.e. manipulation and guilt) of their relationship beautifully (and tragically) unravel on the big screen.
- DVD 11040
- Laurence anyways
- In the '90s, Laurence tells his girlfriend Fred that he wants to become a woman. In spite of the odds, they confront the prejudices of their friends, ignore the counsel of their families, and brave the phobias of the society they offend. For ten years, they try to live through this transition, and embark on an epic journey which, unbeknownst to them, may cost Fred and Laurence their love.
- DVD 10030
- A feisty widowed single mom finds herself burdened with the full-time custody of her explosive fifteen year old ADHD son. As they try to make ends meet and struggle with their unpredictable menage, the peculiar, new girl across the street, Kyla, benevolently offers her help. Together, they find a new sense of balance, and hope is regained.
- DVD 11038
- Tom à la ferme Tom at the farm /
- Tom travels to the countryside to attend his lover Guillaume's funeral. He realizes that no one knows his name nor is aware of the nature of his relationship with the deceased.
- DVD 11036