Films & Other Videos
Films with: Devine, Andy
- Forbidden Hollywood collection.
- Five classic films that offer a rare glimpse at a lost era of "pre-code" provocative filmmaking. Disc 1: First, Bill and Jack are railroad men. When Bill comes to stay with Jack and his wife, Bill and Lily fall in love. Jack confronts Bill about his suspicions and the two fight, leaving Jack seriously injured. Last, Joan Gordon is a singer tiring of her relationship with Eddie. She flees to North Dakota to become a mail-order bride. Happiness is threatened by her stubborn husband, a lecherous neighbor and the appearance of Eddie. Disc 2: First, Jenny was orphaned by the 1906 earthquake and fire and has gone on to become the madame of a prosperous bawdy house. After putting her son up for adoption, he becomes a district attorney dedicated to closing down such houses. She kills an underling who wants her son dead and is now facing execution. Last, A mistaken arrest, a prison term, and lack of employment leads to a young woman's involvement with gangsters. In a brothel she meets a wealthy lawyer who falls in love with her. He helps her turn her life around, but her past catches up with her. Now she is on trial for murder. Disc 3: First, A man stands up during a WWI battle and becomes a hero, but he doesn't get the credit. He becomes injuried and soon gets hooked on morphine, causing him to fall apart when he returns home. He eventually marries, but soon the Depression hits. Last, Tom and Ed are high school students whose parents, thanks to the Depression, have lost their jobs. Wanting to help make money, they set off on the rails looking for work. They finally end up in New York and Ed thinks he might have foud a job. Disc 4: Wild Bill: Explores the life and directorial times of William A. Wellman. The men who made the movies: Wellman shares many stories and speaks bluntly of the producers with who he has worked and describes his remarkable star-making and star-spotting abilities. He was responsible for helping actors win Oscars and discovered such notable actors as James Cagney and Gary Cooper.
- DVD 8076
- Hiya, kids!! a 50's Saturday morning
- A collection of 21 of the favorite Saturday morning kids' shows from the '50s such as Howdy Doody, Lassie, and The Roy Rogers Show.
- DVD 5585
- Red badge of courage
- The story of Henry Fleming and his grappling with fear and courage as a Union Army recruit during the Civil War.
- DVD 2420
- Robin Hood
- The animals have their own version of what really happened in Sherwood Forest. Robin Hood and his band of merry men outwit the greedy Prince John and his sniveling partner, Sir Hiss, as they put the tax squeeze on their poor, hardworking loyal subjects.
- DVD 491
- Nine desparate travelers are thrust together on a stagecoach destined for Apache territory.
- DVD 31
- A group of passengers with nothing in common are stuck inside a coach that is being attacked by bandits and Indians.
- DVD 4623