Films & Other Videos
Films with: Dern, Bruce
- All the pretty horses
- John Grady Cole (Damon) and his best friend Lacey Rawlins (Thomas) leave Texas, head south of the border in search of adventure, and find work as horse wranglers. But when Cole embarks on an illicit and passionate affair with the beautiful daughter (Cruz) of the wealthy ranch owner who is his employer, events are set in motion which forever change the lives of all involved.
- DVD 8646
- Based on historical events, this suspenseful thriller examines the infamous 1969 death of Mary Jo Kopechne, who drowned after Senator Ted Kennedy drove off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, and the moral and legal complexities that play out over the following week.
- DVD 12692
- Cut Bank
- Looking to leave his sleepy town of Cut Bank, Dwayne McLaren hatches a get-rich scheme to get himself out. But when Dwayne's plan backfires and he's swept into a murder investigation led by the local sheriff, he discovers that Cut Bank is a small town full of deadly surprises.
- DVD 11223
- Decade under the influence
- A cast of pioneering writers, directors, and actors talk about the 70's, their films and their colleagues.
- DVD 2881
- From up on Poppy Hill
- "Yokohama, 1963. Japan is picking itself up from the devastation of World War II and preparing to host the Olympics. Against this backdrop of hope and change, a friendship begins to blossom between high school students Umi ... and Shun ... but a buried secret from their past emerges to cast a shadow on the future and pull them apart"--Container.
- DVD 9940
- Hang 'em high
- Jed Cooper is mistaken for a criminal and is unjustly hung by the ruthless Captain Wilson and his nine-man gang, who leave him for dead. Cooper escapes the lynching and sets out on a deadly rampage of revenge against his persecutors.
- DVD 239
- Hateful eight
- A stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. Bounty hunter John Ruth and his fugitive Daisy race toward the town of Red Rock, where Ruth will bring Daisy to justice. Losing their lead on the blizzard, they seek refuge at Minnie's, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie's, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock.
- DVD 11514
- Hitch Alfred the auteur /
- Traces the second half of Hitchcock's career. Commentary from Hitchcock, actors, and production specialists help chronicle the making of such classics as The Birds, Rear Window, Vertigo and Psycho. Also looks at Hitchcock's ambivalence toward the popular TV show that brought him into millions of living rooms. Features extensive film clips, interviews, and previously unavailable materials, including outtakes, filmed auditions, and Hitchcock's own home movies.
- DVD 2894
- King of Marvin Gardens
- Gritty story of small-time losers and big-time dreamers in Atlantic City.
- DVD 1704
- Based on the true story of Aileen Wuornos, a prostitute who was executed in 2002 for the brutal murders of at least six men in Florida.
- DVD 4460
- Roman is a man serving a prison sentence of 12 years for committing a violent crime. His rehabilitation options include working at a facility that breaks and trains wild mustang horses. Within a short time, Roman's work with the horses propels him into an introspective period. He learns about the true origins of his own anger when he befriends a particularly troubled mustang. As his relationship with the mustang grows, Roman begins to deeply consider his actions in relationship to society and his own family.
- DVD 13241
- After receiving a sweepstakes letter in the mail, a cantankerous father thinks he's struck it rich, and wrangles his estranged son into taking a road trip to claim the fortune. Getting waylaid in the father's hometown in Nebraska, the son tries to reconnect with his impenetrable father.
- DVD 10228
- Once upon a time... in Hollywood
- From 1958 to 1963, American actor Rick Dalton knew the height of fame and fortune as the lead in the television series Bounty Law. Yet, Rick wasn't satisfied with the work and used his popularity to try to become a movie star. By 1969, Rick's career has stalled so much that he takes jobs as a guest star on various shows. He even starts wondering if the only way he can make a comeback is by acting in Italian productions. Cliff Booth, Rick's long-time friend and stunt double, helps him see that possibilities for success still exist in the Los Angeles film industry if they work together.
- DVD 13254
- Psych-out The trip.
- Jenny, a 17-year old deaf runaway in search of her brother, stumbles upon and becomes involved with a group of hippies. They invite Jenny to their large home where she is given her first introduction to communal living.
- DVD 2825
- Silent running
- A botanist has spent three years aboard the space freighter "Valley Forge" preserving the only botanical specimens left from Earth under huge geodesic domes. When he receives orders to destroy the project and return home, he rebels and hijacks the space craft, killing his fellow crewman and injuring himself. He plunges the ship into the gaseous Rings of Saturn, where he embarks on the loneliest adventure of all with only two drone robots to keep him company.
- DVD 9814
- Barbed, merciless send-up of small-town America focusing on a group of naive California girls who compete for the 'Young American Miss' crown amid rampant commercialism.
- DVD 9605
- White Boy Rick
- Based on the moving true story of a blue-collar father and his teenage son, Rick Wershe, who became an undercover informant for the FBI during the 1980s, before he was arrested for drug trafficking, abandoned by his handlers, and sentenced to life in prison.
- DVD 12991