Films & Other Videos
- Bridge of San Luis Rey
- Five people are killed in a freak accident when a lofty rope bridge collapses. A priest journeys to discover if there was a divine reason for the bloody disaster. Set in Lima, Peru, during the 18th century and based on the Thornton Wilder novel.
- DVD 11843
- Femme de ménage The housekeeper /
- Jacques is a forlorn bachelor living alone after his wife has left him. Deciding to get his life back in order, he hires a housekeeper. Laura plows through the mess that has overtaken his apartment, but he soon learns that she has never done a days worth of housework in her life. Her presence adds a joyful spark to a life that has been missing living for too long.
- DVD 2998
- Fille du RER The girl on the train /
- "Jeanne lives in a house in the suburbs with her mother Louise. The two women get on well together. Louise earns her living by looking after children. Jeanne is half-heartedly looking for a job. Louise harbors the hope of getting her daughter a job with Samuel Bleistein, a famous lawyer she knew in her youth. They are set on a collision course because of an incredible lie that Jeanne invents, a lie that grows into the biggest news and political story of the day."--Container.
- DVD 10073
- The Belgian filmmaking team of brothers Luc and Jean-Pierre Dardenne turned heads with Rosetta, an intense verite drama that closely follows a poor young woman struggling to hold onto a job to support herself and her alcoholic mother. It's a swift and simple tale made revelatory by the raw, empathic way in which the directors render Rosetta's desperation, keeping the camera nearly perched on her shoulder throughout.
- DVD 9266