Films & Other Videos
Films with: De France, Cécile
- Auberge espagnole The Spanish apartment /
- Xavier is a straight-laced French college senior who moves to Barcelona as part of a student exchange program, much to the dismay of his beautiful girlfriend. But sharing cramped quarters with students from all over Europe quickly leads to multi-cultural chaos as Xavier gets an eye-opening lesson on how to live, love, laugh and party.
- DVD 2716
- Fauteuils d'orchestre Avenue Montaigne /
- Jessica is a beautiful young woman from the provinces who has come to Paris and lands a job waiting tables at a chic bistro on fabled Avenue Montaigne. Jessica's customers include a popular TV actress who is courting a major Hollywood director for her first serious film role; a wealthy art collector who is about to liquidate a lifetime's worth of treasures at auction; and an illustrious classical pianist who is at odds with his manager/wife as to where his career is headed. Precisely because Jessica doesn't know how celebrated these people are, her guileless and completely unintimidated engagement in their lives has a transforming effect on them and ultimately her.
- DVD 6581
- This film peers at an intriguing question--is there an afterlife?--through the lens of George, Marie, and Marcus, who are each tortured in different ways by the thought of life after death. George Lonegan is psychic. It was once his career: he was "the man who can speak to the dead," with a high-traffic website, and a popular biography. But he fled that life, unable to cope with the emotional burden of his abilities. Marie Lelay is a French TV presenter coping with the intense emotions brought on by a near death experience in the 2004 tsunami in Thailand. She's written a book on the subject, which was greeted with derision by her colleagues. Marcus and Jason live in a London council estate, covering for their mother, who's a hopeless junkie. When Jason meets a sudden and tragic end, Marcus is set hopelessly adrift, and begins obsessively researching psychics and seers who can help him contact Jason on the other side.
- DVD 8314
- A young boy who has a vivid imagination dreams up a brother for himself and a better past for his family. On his 15th birthday he finds his dreams shattered when he uncovers a shocking secret that ties his family to the Holocaust.
- DVD 6476