Films & Other Videos
Films with: Davis, Carl
- Big parade
- The highest-grossing silent film of all time, as well as the first realistic war drama, tells the harrowing story of a young man's (John Gilbert) front-line experiences in World War I. The film fiercely captures the heroism of the ordinary foot soldier struggling to survive, and how James' determination to return to the village girl he loves faces the ultimate test.
- DVD 10604
- Buried mirror reflections on Spain and the new world /
- Five one-hour programs on the historical roots of contemporary Hispanic history and culture. The series presents the origin of modern Latin America from the arrival of the Spanish conquerors to the present.
- DVD 8341
- Cold War.
- A sweeping look at nearly five decades of global history, a crystallization of a massive, three-year-long effort helmed by award-winning documentarian Jeremy Isaacs (The World at War). Isaacs's team shot more than 1,000 hours of original footage and gathered archival footage from all over the world to include historically important, and often emotionally stunning, images, many never before seen by an international audience.
- DVD 9596
- French lieutenant's woman
- A woman, ostracized by Victorian society and abandoned by her French lieutenant lover, fascinates a man who resolves to unravel the mystery of her clandestine past.
- DVD 1900
- George Stevens D-Day to Berlin /
- "Think of World War II Europe and black-and-white newsreel images likely come to mind. But the war unfolded in color. And that's how Academy Award-winning director George Stevens captured it in this acclaimed compilation of the personal wartime diary he filmed while on the front lines." -- Container.
- DVD 9450
- Mayor of Casterbridge
- On a drunken impulse, Henchard sells his wife and baby daughter at a country fair, an outrageous act for which he suffer an agonizing remorse. Years later, when he has become a respected and prosperous man, his wife and daughter seek him out in Casterbridge. He attempts to right the long-ago wrong and sets in motion a series of events that spell his destruction.
- DVD 1831