Films & Other Videos
Films with: Alvarez, Louis
- American tongues
- American tongues examines the attitudes Americans have about the way they talk.
- DVD 8795
- Anti-Americans a hate/love relationship /
- "Why does Europe hate us? It's a question that comes to mind for many Americans when they see polls proclaiming that one out of two Europeans sees America as playing a negative role in the world. A whimsical, yet serious look at the estrangement between Europeans and Americans, this documentary travels to Ireland, France, Poland and Great Britain to examine the thesis that each country responds to American culture and society in a unique way"--PBS website.
- DVD 8794
- Japanese version
- Explores Japan's fascination with things American, pointing out that in borrowing from other cultures, there emerges a distinct Japanese slant on such things as American baseball, the 1950's, weddings, cowboys and "love hotels."
- DVD 13222
- People like us social class in America /
- Using interviews with people from across the country and from diverse socioeconomic groups, examines how social class in America has as much influence as race or ethnicity in determining what kind of opportunities a person has in life.
- DVD 5981