UVM Libraries Staff Directory
Laura Haines joined the University of Vermont faculty in fall 2003, coming to UVM from Brookdale Community College in New Jersey where she served as the Business Librarian. Prior to this Laura worked as a reference librarian at Middlesex Community College and Rutgers University. Currently she serves as the Coordinator of Dana Medical Library's Liaison Program, and leads communications and outreach efforts for the Library. Laura offers instruction in advanced database searching, EndNote, and Zotero. Her research interests focus on the information behavior and needs of specialized library user groups, particularly researchers and the general public.
- Master of Library Service (MLS), Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ (1999)
- BA in Philosophy, Haverford College, Haverford, PA (1992)
Selected Scholarly & Creative Activity
- Colburn S; Haines, L. Measuring libraries' use of YouTube as a promotional tool: An exploratory study and proposed best practices. J Web Librariansh. 2012 Mar; 6(1):5-31.
- Burke M; Carey P; Haines L; Lampson AP; Pond F. Implementing the information prescription protocol in a family medicine practice: a case study. J Med Libr Assoc 2010 Jul; 98(3):228-34.
- Haines LL; Light J; O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Information-seeking Behavior of Basic Science Researchers: Implications for Library Services. J Med Libr Assoc, 2010 Jan; 98(1):73-81.
- Haines LL. Measuring the Effectiveness of Community Outreach: The Community Medical School Project. Poster session presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting; 2008 May 16-21; Chicago, IL.
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Vermont Library Association
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries, Inc.