Community members are welcome at the UVM Libraries.
- The Bailey/Howe Library offers public computers which will give you access to library databases and to most internet sites. Please note, these computers are intended to support affiliates and non-affiliates in their studies and research. Some websites are restricted. Computers for the public are located near the front of the Library and on the 2nd and 3rd floors at the top of the stairs.
- To check out books, community members will need to purchase a guest borrower card. This card will not allow you to check out DVDs, media equipment, or request items through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- To use the interent on campus, community members will need to set up access to UVM GuestNet. While this provides access to the interent, it does not give access to the libraries electronic resources. For access to electronic resources, please use the public computers.
To set up access to UVM GuestNet:
- Select UVM Guest from available Wifi networks.
- A sign-in screen will pop up with two options: Sponsored guests and Other guests. Click "Other guests".
- A new sign-in screen will pop up. Enter your phone number and click “Text me a code”.
- You will receive a text message with your code. Enter that code in the sign-in screen.