Films & Other Videos
Films with: Yulin, Harris
- Franz Boas, 1858-1942
- Profile of the German physicist who was responsible for shaping the course of American anthropology, by bringing discipline and order to a field that had previously dealt in subjective "race classification." Includes reflections and anecdotes by scholars and students, excerpts from journals and letters, and archival photographs. Discusses the Kwakiutl Indians, the principal subjects of Boas' field work.
- DVD 7857
- Looking for Richard
- Richard III, Shakespeare's gripping play about a deformed, devious man whose lust for power knows no bounds, is illuminated in this film that marks Pacino's directorial debut.
- DVD 5308
- Norman the moderate rise and tragic fall of a New York fixer /
- Norman Oppenheimer is a small time operator who befriends a young politician at a low point in his life. Three years later, when the politician becomes an influential world leader, Norman's life dramatically changes for better and worse.
- DVD 12295
- People speak
- A look at social change throughout history, as seen through the music, poetry, speeches, and manifestos of rebels, dissenters, and visionaries from our past - and present - including Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, Bob Dylan, Langston Hughes, Chief Joseph, Muhammad Ali, along with unknown veterans, union workers, abolitionists, and many others never featured in high school textbooks. Celebrates the extraordinary possibilities for creating social change that ordinary people have realized throughout the course of our nation's rich but often ignored history of dissent and protest.
- DVD 7167
- Jake is an anxious schoolteacher living in New York. He is barely on speaking terms with his father, has been recently abandoned by his girlfriend, and is heading for a life of compromise and mediocrity. Emotionally paralyzed, Jake embarks on a course of psychoanalysis with the maniacal Dr. Morales, who wields his heavily accented sarcasm like a machete. Morales' tactics are worthy of the Spanish Inquisition, and soon Jake is just trying to keep him at a distance while planning his escape. He meets socialite Allegra and finds himself bouncing from Morales' couch to Allegra's bed.
- DVD 5203