Films & Other Videos
Films with: Young, Melissa
- Argentina hope in hard times /
- This film follows the processions and protests, attends street-corner neighborhood assemblies, visits workers' cooperatives and urban gardens, and examines how Argentines are picking up the pieces of their devastated economy and creating new possibilities for the future. A spare narrative, informal interview settings, and candid street scenes allow the pervasive strength, humor, and resilience of the Argentine people to tell these tales.
- DVD 3320
- Gene blues dilemmas of DNA testing /
- This program examines some of the ethical issues associated with DNA testing and sets the stage for a national debate on the ramifications of human gene technology. As geneticists unlock the DNA code, they learn how differences in the DNA that makes up particular genes are linked to variations in physical traits - from an organism's size to its resistance or susceptibility to disease.
- DVD 9801
- Net loss the storm over salmon farming /
- This film assesses the risks and benefits of salmon farming with government and industry spokesmen who make the case for salmon farming, and fishermen, native people, scientists and consumers who explain the dangers it poses and the damage it has done.
- DVD 3341
- Shift change /
- Examines business cooperatives in Spain and the United States, and includes observations by worker-owners on how their cooperatives are structured, their effect upon the community, and the lessons they have learned.
- DVD 10767
- WEconomics Italy /
- DVD 11585