Films & Other Videos
Films with: Yordan, Philip
- Big combo
- Discouraged by his superior officers, but helped by a ganster's former girl friend, a dedicated detective lieutenant doggedly continues his investigation to obtain evidence that would convict the head gangster of a crime syndicate.
- DVD 370
- When a World War II veteran does a good deed by returning a wallet he finds on the street, he becomes tangled in a web of intrigue and mystery.
- DVD 8178
- Eleventh-century Spain is divided into Christian kingdoms and Moorish strongholds. The young Rodrigo Diaz de Bivar, who has been dubbed El Cid by his followers, vows to see his country at peace, free from the invader. Showing clemency to some emirs, he faces treason charges at court. His accuser, Gomez, father of his fiancee, Chimene, dies in the resulting duel. Chimene's avowed vengeance plot fails and Rodrigo is given her hand. When King Ferdinand dies, his kingdom is divided among his three children. Sancho challenges the decision and imprisons Alfonso, who is released by El Cid. Then Sancho is assassinated by an African war-lord. Alfonso now claims that throne, too, and exiles El Cid. Chimene realizes the nobility of her husband and joins him. The years pass and El Cid becomes a revered warrior, but refuses to aid Alfonso. He lays siege to Valencia, catapulting food into its starving garrison. The Valencians kill their evil ruler and offer the crown to El Cid. He sends it to Alfonso, who rushes to his side. But El Cid has been hit by a stray arrow. Attended by Chimene, he hides the wound from his men and prepares a final bid to drive the Moors from Spain.
- DVD 7612
- Day of the triffids
- Intelligent plants terrorize Earth's population after a meteor shower strikes.
- DVD 4412
- Johnny Guitar
- Saloon owner Vienna battles the local townspeople headed by Emma, the local sexually repressed, lynch-happy female rancher out to frame her for a string of robberies. Johnny Logan is a guitar-strumming drifter with a dark past who was once in love with Vienna and has been offered a job in her saloon. Nicholas Ray's epic western is considered one of the most original westerns of all time. The women are far tougher than the men and some saw a bizarre allegory for the McCarthy era Red Scare.
- DVD 9082