Films & Other Videos
Films with: Yates, David
- Fantastic beasts and where to find them
- It opens in 1926 as Newt Scamander has just completed a global excursion to find and document an extraordinary array of magical creatures. Arriving in New York for a brief stopover, he might have come and gone without incident, were it not for a No-Maj (American for Muggle) named Jacob, a misplaced magical case, and the escape of some of Newt's fantastic beasts, which could spell trouble for both the wizarding and No-Maj worlds.
- DVD 12124
- Girl in the café
- A touching love story with a powerful humanitarian message. Lawrence, an aging, lonely civil servant, falls for Gina, an enigmatic young woman. When he takes her to the G8 Summit in Reykjavik, however, their bond is tested by Lawrence's obligations.
- DVD 5676
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- Part 1 begins as Harry, Ron and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction--the Horcruxes. On their own, without the guidance of their professors or the protection of Professor Dumbledore, the three friends must now rely on one another more than ever. But there are Dark Forces in their midst that threaten to tear them apart. Harry's only hope is to find the Horcruxes before Voldemort finds him.
- DVD 8054
- Harry Potter and the deathly hallows.
- In the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.
- DVD 9035
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Emboldened by the return of Lord Voldemort, the Death Eaters are wreaking havoc in both the Muggle and wizarding worlds. Hogwarts, once thought to be a safe haven, may no longer be safe. Harry suspects that new dangers may lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Harry will have to help him uncover a vital key to unlocking Voldemort's defenses, a critical piece of information known only to Horace Slughorn, Hogwarts' former Potions Professor. Dumbledore manipulates his old colleague into returning to his previous post with promises of more money, a bigger office and the chance to teach the famous Harry Potter.
- DVD 7984
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Lord Voldemort has returned, but the ministry of Magic is doing everything it can to keep the wizarding world from knowing the truth. They appoint Ministry official Dolores Umbridge as the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts. When Umbridge refuses to teach practical defensive magic, Ron and Hermione convince Harry to secretly train a select group of students for the wizarding war that lies ahead. A terrifying showdown between good and evil awaits.
- DVD 6711
- State of play
- The murder of an ambitious politician's researcher leads journalist Cal McCaffrey to uncover a complex thriller revealing the links between government and big business.
- DVD 986
- Way we live now
- This satire of Victorian society shows the trials and tribulations of young love, the pettiness of upper class life, the raw energy and excitement of the most powerful city the world had ever seen, and the greed and corruption that lay just below its glittering surface.
- DVD 2141
- Young visiters, or, Mr. Salteena's plan
- Academy Award-winner Jim Broadbent stars as Alfred Salteena, 'an elderly man of 42,' who falls in love with young Ethel Monticue at first sight. To impress her, he treats Ethel to a visit at the sumptuous country house of Lord Bernard Clark.
- DVD 5132