Films & Other Videos
Films with: Yamamoto, Kenji
- Between two worlds the American Jewish culture wars /
- Between two worlds is a groundbreaking personal exploration of the community and family divisions that are redefining American Jewish identity and politics. The filmmakers' own families are battlegrounds over loyalty to Israel, interpretations of the Holocaust, intermarriage, and a secret communist past.
- DVD 8455
- New Muslim cool
- "Puerto Rican-American rapper Hamza Pérez pulled himself out of drug dealing and street life 12 years ago and became a Muslim. Now he's moved to Pittsburgh's tough North Side to start a new religious community, rebuild his shattered family and take his message of faith to other young people through hard-hitting hip-hop music. But when the FBI raids his mosque, Hamza must confront the realities of the post-9/11 world, and himself"--www.pbs.org/pov
- DVD 7296
- States of Grace a journey of loss, resilience and renewal /
- Following an automobile accident on the Golden Gate Bridge that left Dr. Grace Dammann physically shattered, this documentary follows her return home, after multiple surgeries, where she lives with her partner, Nancy "Fu" Schroeder, and their daughter who was born with cerebral palsy. Grace must reconcile her joy at still being alive with the frustration of being so dependent on others. With both humor and bravery the three of them slowly recalibrate their lives together and apart.
- DVD 11363
- A documentary without narration that explores how water and the ownership and control of water figure into community resistance to corporations rapidly buying up local water supplies. Examines the environmental and human rights issues associated with governments and companies making the world's fresh water supply into a commodity at the expense of local communities. Visits locations in Stockton, California, Bolivia, and India.
- DVD 5390
- Trust second acts in young lives /
- Follows participants in Chicago's Albany Park Theater Project as they first hear the story of an 18-year-old teenager from Honduras whose past involved rape and incest and then transform her story into a daring original play that brings the group together and teaches them to trust in one another.
- DVD 9338