Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wood, Michael
- Art of the Western world
- Magnificent masterpieces of the Western world are presented in their cultural and historical settings. From the restrained classical tradition to energetic and spontaneous modern art, each artistic movement is interpreted through its major paintings, sculptures, and works of architecture. Comments from internationally known art experts and critics assist in understanding and appreciation of the works. The series can be used to introduce students to the Western canon, or as review material for teachers.
- DVD 12264
- One of history's most fateful chapters and greatest adventures. The exploration of the America's by Spanish soldier-explorers, and the experiences and tragedies they had once there.
- DVD 8850
- In search of the Trojan War
- The tale of the Trojan War has fascinated and intrigued people for thousands of years. But is there any truth to Homer's epic poem? Michael Wood brings to life the heroes and the romance of the Bronze Age in this award winning archaeological story.
- DVD 11320
- In the footsteps of Alexander the Great
- Combining popular history with adventure and travel, historian Michael Wood embarks on an odyssey of discovery, following the ancient triumphal march of Alexander of Macedonia from Greece to India, to bring us the truth behind one of history's most famous and enigmatic heroes.
- DVD 8613
- Detailing the life and work of acclaimed war photographer Don McCullin, the seminal photo-journalist of the 1970s and 1980s, Jacqui and David Morris' documentary film shows the truth behind McCullin's hard hitting and controversial images--Artificial Eye website.
- DVD 12107
- Story of India
- Historian Michael Wood chronicles the history of the Indian subcontinent, the richness and diversity of its peoples, and its continuing relevance in today's world.
- DVD 6345