Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wood, Andrés
- Historias de fútbol Soccer stories /
- A passion for soccer is worldwide, especially in Latin America, where the passion drives fans. Journey through three stories, from the deserts of Chile to the rural towns, showing how soccer affects a diverse group of characters.
- DVD 4906
- In 1973, the Chilean military, under the direction of General Augusto Pinochet and backed by the CIA, overthrew the shaky socialist government of democratically elected President Salvador Allende. The coup led to the murder of 3,000 leftist Allende supporters and the detention of an estimated 250,000 political prisoners. Set against the background of the political instability that led to the crisis, Andrés Wood's Machuca is the moving story of the friendship between two twelve-year-old boys from different sides of the social spectrum.
- DVD 4636
- Violeta se fue a los cielos
- The extraordinary story of the iconic poet, musician and folksinger Violeta Parra, whose songs have become hymns for Chileans and Latin Americans alike. Director Andres Wood traces the intensity and explosive vitality of her life, from humble origins to international fame, her defense of indigenous cultures and devotion to her art.
- DVD 10661