Films & Other Videos
Films with: Whitby, Tim
- Best of men
- The story of one remarkable doctor as he transforms the standards of care for paraplegics. Arriving at England's Stoke Mandeville Hospital in 1944, Doctor Ludwig Guttmann reinvigorates the lives of his staff and patients with one daring move: he introduces athletics into the rehabilitation plan of his patients, paralyzed soldiers who have been cast-off and are facing death from neglect. Using sports, his patients learn to build not only physical strength, but self-respect and a sense of fulfillment. This film tells the true story of the Paralympic Games as well as celebrating the work of Dr. Guttmann, who started it all.
- DVD 10797
- Dr. Eleanor Bramwell is the public health heroine of 1890s London, and David Calder is her society doctor dad, Dr. Robert Bramwell. Feisty and unconventional, Eleanor's desire to take the medical profession out of the dark ages often draws her into conflict with the medical establishment, her colleagues and friends. In this season, Eleanor continues her volatile love affair with the charismatic Dr. Finn O'Neill, now a widely acclaimed figure in the world of medicine, and faces the challenge of keeping the Thrift operating when her father threatens to withdraw his support and Dr. Marsham is tempted by a better paying job in Scotland.
- DVD 9850
- Dr. Bramwell's search for love and professional fulfillment reaches a climax in this final installment of the series.
- DVD 9852
- Television series that follows the fortunes of public health heroine Dr. Eleanor Bramwell as she takes on the medical establishment in Victorian-era London. In the second season, Eleanor finds her private practice failing and faces tough choices ahead in her encounters with a case of spousal abuse, pre-teen prostitution, an outbreak of cholera, and a mysterious aunt with a secret to hide. Along the way, she falls in love with her handsome and charismatic new partner at work, Dr. Finn O'Neill.
- DVD 9853
- George Gently
- "Detective Chief Inspector George Gently ... returns to the job six months after he and his sergeant, John Bacchus ... were gravely injured in the line of duty. Both officers appear to be on the mend, physically at least. ... At a time of changing attitudes and values in Britain, Gently and Bacchus are undergoing transitions of their own ... set in 1969"--Container.
- DVD 11586