Films & Other Videos
Films with: Werner, Oskar
- Fahrenheit 451
- Montag, a regimented fireman in charge of burning the forbidden volumes, meets a revolutionary school teacher who dares to read. Suddenly he finds himself a hunted fugitive, forced to choose not only between two women, but between personal safety and intellectual freedom.
- DVD 195
- Jules et Jim Jules and Jim /
- Before World War I in Paris, a girl alternates between a French student, Jim, and a German student, Jules. After the war, they meet again and form a constantly shifting triangle.
- DVD 736
- Katherine Anne Porter's Ship of fools
- In 1933 on a German luxury liner sailing from Mexico to Germany, the separate but interlocking stories of the various passengers begins to unfold. Among the many passengers is a divorcee desperate for love and lost youth, a Spanish noblewoman being deported as a political prisoner, an aging alcoholic ballplayer, and a budding Nazi whose brutishness foreshadows the holocaust to come.
- DVD 7530
- Lola Montès
- Depicts, through flashbacks, the life of a famous courtesan, recounted as part of a lavish circus act. The ringmaster introduces and displays Lola Montés who recalls her romances with Franz Liszt, a student, and Ludwig, King of Bavaria before she was reduced by scandal, poverty and ill fortune to her present life as a circus performer.
- DVD 5744
- Spy who came in from the cold
- After a fellow spy is murdered, an agent is assigned to pretend he is defecting, but soon suspects that the layers of betrayal go far beyond what was originally expected.
- DVD 8427
- Voyage of the damned
- A group of German Jews, trying to avoid Nazi oppression in Germany, leave on a ship bound for Cuba and freedom, only to be forbidden to leave the ship when they reach Havana.
- DVD 643