Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wagner, Paul
- Miles of smiles, years of struggle the untold story of the black Pullman porter /
- This documentary discusses the struggle of Black Pullman porters to unionize, even though rebuked by white organized labor, and the eventual formation of the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters under A. Philip Randolph. Explores the impact of this group on the American civil rights movement.
- DVD 8987
- Out of Ireland the story of Irish emigration to America /
- Examines the history of the seven million Irish who emigrated to America in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries including the causes of the exodus and the immigrant experience in the United States. Uses photographs, archival footage, manuscript material and interviews with Irish immigrants to describe their experiences and the profound influence they have had on American culture.
- DVD 1375
- Three young Tibetan children witness their grandfather's murder at the hands of the Chinese and grow up to learn the many ways the Chinese government exerts its influence on their lives.
- DVD 3906