Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pong, Chun-ho
- Gwoemul The host/
- In Seoul, an American army doctor forces his assistant to dump bottle after bottle of formaldehyde into the drain. The drain runs into the Han River, the major river running through the middle of Seoul. His only reason is that the bottles are covered with a layer of dust. Six years later, a food cart operator, Gang-du falls asleep every time his dad, Hie-bong, is away from the stand for more than a few minutes. Soon, his daughter, Hyun-Seo returns from school. Then a monster appears in the river and starts to attack the people lounging at its banks. Gang-du and Hyun-Seo are chased by the beast. Hie-bong tries valiantly to save his daughter, but the beast soon captures her and drags her away. They receive a call from the daughter's cell phone and try to rescue her from the large monster.
- DVD 5284
- Kisaengch'ung = Parasite /
- Kim Ki-teak's family are all unemployed and living in a squalid basement. When his son gets a tutoring job at the lavish home of the Park family, the Kim family's luck changes. One by one they gradually infiltrate the wealthy Park's home, attempting to take over their affluent lifestyle.
- DVD 13291
- Madŏ Mother /
- A mother desperately tries to overturn her son's murder conviction, find the killer who set him up, and have him released from prison.
- DVD 7978
- Sarin ŭi chʻuŏk Memories of murder /
- Based on a true story, the film takes place in a small village in Korea where an intense police investigation follows a series of brutal rapes and murders.
- DVD 4560
- The film is set in the future (AD 2031) where, after a failed experiment to stop global warming, an ice age kills off all life on the planet except for the inhabitants of the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe and is powered by a sacred perpetual-motion engine. Its inhabitants are divided by class; the lower-class passengers in one of the last cars stage an uprising, moving car by car up to the front of the train, where the oppressive rich and powerful live.
- DVD 10682
- Three Tokyo-set stories: A young woman finds her life useless and goes on to experience a metamorphosis. A disheveled Caucasian who calls himself "Merde" emerges from a manhole to face arrest, trial, and execution; he speaks a language only his look-alike attorney understands. A recluse experiences human contact when a pizza-delivery girl faints at his door during an earthquake.
- DVD 9177