Films & Other Videos
Films with: Perry, Tyler
- Diary of a mad black woman
- Helen McCarter would seem to have it all. She's married to Charles who is one of Atlanta's most successful attorneys. But despite having wealth and prestige, things are not as they seem in the McCarter home. On the evening of their anniversary, Charles drops a bombshell on Helen - he's divorcing her for another woman. Thrown out of the house with nowhere to go, Helen moves in with her grandmother Madea, a sassy woman with no shortage of opinions and a gun that she's not afraid to use. As Madea helps Helen get back on her feet emotionally, she meets Orlando, a nice and handsome man who is obviously attracted to her. But after her experiences with Charles, Helen isn't sure if she's ready to trust a man again.
- DVD 6016
- For colored girls
- "A vibrant world where friends and strangers dream, fear, cry, love, and laugh out loud in an attempt to find their true selves. Adapted by writer/director Tyler Perry from Ntozake Shange's acclaimed choreopoem, this gripping film paints an unforgettable portrait of what it means to be a woman of color in the modern world"--Container.
- DVD 8031
- Gone girl
- On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne reports that his wife, Amy, has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick's portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question. Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?
- DVD 10787
- Tyler Perry's house of Payne.
- A multigenerational working-class family experiences all of life's struggles with faith, love, and most importantly humor.
- DVD 7450
- Tyler Perry's Madea goes to jail
- After a high-speed freeway chase puts Madea in front of the judge, her reprieve is short-lived as anger management issues get the best of her and lands her in jail. A gleeful Joe couldn't be happier at Madea's misfortune. But her eccentric family members, the Browns, rally behind her, lending their special 'country' brand of support. Meanwhile, Assistant District Attorney Joshua Hardaway is on the fast track to career success. But Hardaway lands a case too personal to handle - defending Candace Washington, a woman he went to college with and who is now a prostitute and former drug addict. Handling the case would be a conflict of interest, so he asks his fiancée and fellow ADA Linda Holmes to fill in on his behalf. When Candace ends up in jail, Madea befriends the young woman, protecting her in a 'motherly' way as only Madea can.
- DVD 7521
- Why did I get married?
- During a trip to the picturesque snowcapped mountains in Colorado, eight married college friends have gathered for their annual seven-day reunion. But the cozy mood is shattered when the group comes face-to-face with one pair's infidelity. As secrets are revealed, each couple begins questioning the validity of their own marriage. Over the course of the weekend, husbands and wives take a hard look at their lives, wrestling with issues of commitment, betrayal and forgiveness as they seek a way forward.
- DVD 6355