Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ostrander, Lucy
- Honor & sacrifice the Roy Matsumoto story /
- A documentary about the Japanese American men who were incarcerated in concentration camps, enlisted in the U.S. military, and volunteered to become linguists in the Military Intelligence Service in the Pacific Theater of WWII. The film focuses on the experience of Roy Matsumoto and his personal journey -- from being born an American, raised in Japan, sent to the Jerome, Arkansas concentration camp as a young man, to enlisting in the U.S. Army and becoming a hero in fighting the Japanese Army in Burma as part of the U.S. military unit known as Merrill's Marauders. As part of the project, a classroom-based curriculum to accompany the film was developed by Karen Matsumoto. The film and curriculum were disseminated in California public schools. Film showings in California and Washington were organized.
- DVD 10044
- In this documentary film, "Sidney Rittenberg reflects on his remarkable life as an American member of the Chinese Communist Party. From the mid-1940s through the end of the Mao era, Rittenberg had remarkable access to the highest reaches of political power in Beijing. Ranging from his conversations with Mao Zedong and Zhou Enlai to his two long imprisonments under suspicion of espionage, Rittenberg provides a fascinating window onto China's continuing revolution under Mao."--Film website.
- DVD 9634
- Witness to revolution the story of Anna Louise Strong /
- Short documentary about the Seattle journalist and leftist radical leader who covered the major political revolutions of the twentieth century.
- DVD 9635