Films & Other Videos
Films with: Oscarsson, Per
- Flickan som lekte med elden Stieg Larsson's the girl who played with fire /
- "In this second installment of Stieg Larsson's phenomenal 'Millennium' trilogy, Lisbeth Salander is a wanted woman. A researcher and a Millennium journalist about to expose the truth about the sex trade in Sweden are brutally murdered and Salander's prints are on the weapon. Her history of unpredictable and violent behavior makes her an official danger to society. Mikael Blomkvist, Salander's friend and Millennium's publisher, is alone in his belief of Salander's innocence. Digging deeper, Blomkvist unearths evidence implicating highly placed members of Swedish society--as well as shocking details about Salander's past. He is desperate to get to her before she is cornered--but no one can find her anywhere"--Container.
- DVD 7864
- Här har du ditt liv Here is your life /
- This mesmerizing debut by the great Swedish director Jan Troell (The Emigrants, The New Land) is an epic bildungsroman and a multilayered representation of early twentieth-century Sweden. Based on a series of semi-autobiographical novels by Nobel Prize winner Eyvind Johnson, the film follows a working-class boy's development, from naive teenager to intellectually curious young adult, from logger to movie projectionist to politically engaged man of the people--all set against the backdrop of a slowly industrializing rural landscape. With its mix of modernist visual ingenuity and elegantly structured storytelling, this enchanting film--presented here in its original nearly three-hour cut--is a reminder that Troell is one of European cinema's greatest and most sensitive illuminators of the human condition.
- DVD 13006
- Svält Hunger /
- Hunger represents a landscape of obsession, the realm of the starving writer. Pontus is a genius and madman, who will waste away before jeopardizing his talent, integrity, and soul.
- DVD 4499