Films & Other Videos
Films with: Okada, Eiji
- Hiroshima mon amour
- A Japanese architect and a French actress engage in a brief intense affair in Hiroshima in 1959. Both deal with their personal memories of World War II--he by articulating his firsthand experience with nuclear disaster, she by remembering her traumatic affair with a German soldier.
- DVD 1800
- Ibun sarutobi sasuke Samurai spy /
- "Spy networks gather information for the clans supporting and opposing the shogunate."--Www.kitparker.com.
- DVD 4692
- Suno no onna Woman in the dunes /
- An amateur biologist escapes the bustle of the city by studying beetles in remote sand dunes. After missing the last bus, he accepts a villager's offer to spend the night in a widow's shack at the bottom of a deep sand pit. In the morning he finds he is trapped. At first enraged, the man's hatred for the woman soon turns to searing, erotic lust.
- DVD 656
- Three films by Hiroshi Teshigahara
- Pitfall: When a miner leaves his employer and treks out with his young son to become a migrant worker, he finds himself moving from one eerie landscape to another, intermittently followed (and photographed) by an enigmatic man in a clean, white suit, and eventually coming face-to-face with his inescapable destiny. Woman in the dunes: An amateur entomologist leaves Tokyo to study an unclassified species of beetle that resides in a remote, vast desert. When he misses his bus back to civilization, he is persuaded to spend the night in the home of a young widow who lives in a hut at the bottom of a sand dune. The face of another: Okuyama, after being burned and disfigured in an industrial accident and estranged from his family and friends, agrees to his psychiatrist's radical experiment: a face transplant, created from the mold of a stranger. As Okuyama is thus further alienated from the world around him, he finds himself giving in to his darker temptations.
- DVD 4824
- Ugly American
- As a compassionate American Ambassador to the strife-torn Southeast Asian nation of Sarkhan, Brando tries to keep Communists in the North from overrunning the weakened democracy in the South by making sure a vital road into the country's inaccessible interior goes through.
- DVD 1763