Films & Other Videos
Films with: Murphy, Dudley
- Anthology of surreal cinema.
- Entŕacte: After a man is killed, his coffin takes on a life of it's own. After a long surrealistic chase, he climbs out of his coffin and makes everyone that was chasing his coffin disappear! -- container. La coquille et le clergyman: Obsessed with a general's wife, a clergyman has strange visions of death and lust, while struggling against his own eroticism. -- container. Ballet mecanique: An experimental film short from Cubist painter Fernand Léger containing a montage of images and rhythms that create a hallucinatory effect. Features the original soundtrack. -- container. Anemic cinema: An abstract and maybe nihilistic film short containing spiral forms merging into a rotating disc that's labeled with different messages. -- container.
- DVD 3731
- Emperor Jones
- A cunning manipulator takes control of a Caribbean island and declares himself emperor.
- DVD 6356
- Paul Robeson : portraits of the artist.
- A collection of feature films that starred Paul Robeson, plus one short documentary narrated by Sidney Poitier. "All-American athlete, scholar, renowned baritone, stage actor, and social activist, Paul Robeson...the son of an escaped slave, managed to become a top-billed movie star during the time of Jim Crow America...his film legacy lives on and continues to speak eloquently of the long and difficult journey of a courageous and outspoken African-American."--Container.
- DVD 6633