Films & Other Videos
Films with: Moshinsky, Elijah
- DVD 2626
- All's well that ends well
- William Shakespeare's comedy about Helena, the new wife of Count Bertram, who resorts to chichanery to win the respect and affection of her husband.
- DVD 2364
- Tragicomedy involving Imogen, the daughter of Britain's King Cymbeline, whose evil stepmother wishes to have Imogen's husband, Posthumus, banished so that Imogen will be free to marry the queen's thick-witted son, Cloten. Trickery and deceit abound as Imogen, disguised as a boy in order to clear her name, is forced to flee the castle.
- DVD 2367
- Midsummer night's dream
- Shakespeare's play about devilish fairies, bedeviled lovers and tradesmen-actors. Plots intertwine as entangled love affairs, the comical performance of a "play within a play" by the tradesmen of Athens, and the antics in fairyland among King Oberon and his queen Titania produce a bizarre series of entanglements, but all ends happily.
- DVD 2361
- In order to revenge himself against Othello, Iago uses deceit to awaken in Othello a suspicion that his wife, Desdemona, has been unfaithful to him. After Othello kills Desdemona he learns of Iago's treachery, and plunges a dagger into his own heart.
- DVD 1445
- The Met's production of Verdi's Otello from 1995, with Placido Domingo in one of his greatest roles opposite the stunning Renee Fleming in her first breakaway Met success.
- DVD 5860