Films & Other Videos
Films with: Morrison, Toni
- After Paul D. finds his old slave friend Sethe in Ohio and moves in with her and her daughter Denver, a strange girl comes along by the name of "Beloved". Sethe & Denver take her in and then strange things start to happen.
- DVD 3777
- Ida B. Wells a passion for justice /
- Chronicles the life of Ida B. Wells, an early Afro-American journalist and activist who protested lynchings, the treatment of Afro-American soldiers, and other forms of racism and injustice toward black Americans around the turn of the century. Her involvement in the women's suffrage movement is also described.
- DVD 12011
- Margaret Garner
- Mustapha Hasnaoui's documentary offers an inside look into the making of Margaret Garner, an opera based upon Toni Morrison's novel, Beloved. Margaret Garner, a slave separated from her husband by a white slave-owner, was forced to become his mistress. In 1856, she fled from Kentucky with her family to Ohio where she killed her two little girls to prevent them from being enslaved. Through interviews with cast members Hasnaoui presents the influence this opera has had on issues of race in the present day, as well as the way in which a disturbing part of history is transformed into art.
- DVD 10837
- Toni Morrison uncensored
- "Morrison candidly answers questions regarding how she became a writer, the pain of empathizing with her characters, the sensual nature of her novels, and how it felt to win the Nobel Prize."--Container.
- DVD 10055
- World of ideas.
- In wide-ranging conversations, thirteen celebrated literary figures from six nations discuss their work, politics, morals, and the future of American society.
- DVD 8783