Films & Other Videos
Films with: Morgan, Abi
- Brick lane
- Nazneen is a young Bangladeshi woman who arrives in London during the 1980s. She leaves behind her beloved sister and home, for an arranged marriage and a new life. In a loveless marriage to the middle aged Chanu, she feels trapped within the four walls of her flat in East London. She begins to fear that her soul is quietly dying. Meanwhile, her sister Hasina, continues to live a carefree life back in Bangladesh. Nazneen struggles to accept her lifestyle and tries to keep her head down in spite of life's blows. She soon discovers that life cannot be avoided and she is forced to confront life the day that the hotheaded young Karim comes knocking at her door.
- DVD 6485
- A behind-the-scenes drama and espionage thriller in Cold War-era England that centers on a journalist, a producer, and an anchorman for an investigative news program.
- DVD 8436
- "Rejoining The Hour a year on in 1957, the team are still striving to broadcast the stories they believe in, grappling with the disturbing threat of the Cold War and a country in the grip of unsettling, rapid change. Bel is still single and determined not to get involved with another married man, but finds herself taking on her adversary Bill Kendall, an ITV producer whose magnetic charm she can't help but find irresistible. Hector has risen to the status of a national celebrity and, drawn into the seductive glamour of Soho nightclub, El Paradis, falls under the spell of the beautiful and seductive KiKi. No longer happy at The Hour under Randall's new regime, he is tempted by offers from ITV, but when a night at the club goes badly wrong, scandal threatens and Hector must try and stop a news story that could destroy his marriage and his career. Investigative reporter Freddie makes an unexpected return to uncover and tackle police corruption within the world of Soho crime and vice"--Container.
- DVD 10825
- Iron lady
- A surprising and intimate portrait of Margaret Thatcher, the first and only female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. One of the 20th century's most famous and influential women, Thatcher came from nowhere to smash through barriers of gender and class to be heard in a male-dominated world.
- DVD 8786
- Inspired by true events, a moving drama exploring the passion and heartbreak of the women who risked everything in their fight for equality in early 20th century Britain. The story centers on Maud, a working wife and mother whose life is forever changed when she is secretly recruited to join the U.K.'s growing suffragette movement. Galvanized by the outlaw fugitive Emmeline Pankhurst, Maud becomes an activist for the cause alongside women from all walks of life.
- DVD 11438