Films & Other Videos
Films with: Monk, Thelonious
- Jazz icons.
- "Jazz Icons is an ongoing DVD series featuring full-length concerts and in-studio performances by the greatest legends of jazz, filmed all over the world from the 1950s through the 1970s"--Container of Chet Baker disc.
- DVD 5680
- Thelonious Monk live in France 1969 /
- "In December 1969, Thelonious Monk entered a television studio in Paris.... The result was an astonishingly intimate and revealing portrait of a man and his music. Monk sits at at the piano and plays whatever occurs to him. In this case, it was nine originals and two of his favorite standards. The freedom of playing unaccompanied allows Monk to give each composition fascinating new twists and variations."--Container.
- DVD 9020
- Thelonious Monk, straight no chaser
- A wide-ranging documentary that aims to put Monk's status into context and perspective. It blends the history of Monk's early career in Harlem with archival black-and-white footage of the pianist performing his own compositions for Norwegian and French TV.
- DVD 1146
- What happened to Kerouac?
- Investigates the personal history and creative process of Jack Kerouac, father of the Beat Generation, author of "On the road", and a pivotal figure of the fifties countercultural revolution. Shows what happened when fame and notoriety were thrust upon an essentially reticent man.
- DVD 7160