Films & Other Videos
Films with: Modot, Gaston
- 3 groschenoper The 3 penny opera /
- "Set in the impoverished back alleys of Victorian London, The threepenny opera follows underworld antihero Mackie Messer (a.k.a. Mack the Knife) as he tries to woo Polly Peachum and elude the authorities. With a palpable evocation of corruption and dread, set to Weill's irresistible score, The threepenny opera remains a benchmark of early sound cinema." -- container.
- DVD 5091
- Age d'or
- Using a melange of strange and unrelated images, this surrealistic film about two lovers who mock convention is a statement by Buñuel on the nature of the bourgeoisie, the Church and the police. Banned in France within two weeks of its release.
- DVD 3258
- Casque d'or Golden Marie /
- In an open-air dance hall, the members of Leca's gang are relaxing with their ladies. One of the ladies, Marie, meets Manda, who is a carpenter by trade. Marie's man Roland is a jealous sort and does not like the idea of Marie and Manda becoming friendly, and Leca himself has his eye on Marie. What follows is a story of love, death, friendship and jealousy during the Belle Epoque.
- DVD 3415