Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mito, Mitsuko
- Chichi arikii There was a father /
- After the death of his wife, a school teacher raises his son alone in Kanazawa. One day the father accompanies his students on a field trip and one of the students is fatally injured. Taking responsibility for the accident, the father puts his son in a boarding school and goes to work in a factory in Tokyo. The son grows up to become a teacher and eventually meets his father again. He expresses his desire to quit his job, move to Tokyo and live together with his father. The father is horrified at this idea and admonishes his son to return to his work and not put his own feelings above his responsibilities.
- DVD 9072
- Kinoshita and World War II
- [Disc 1]: Port of flowers ( Hana saku minato ) -- Two con men arrive in a seaside town to swindle the locals, but soon they have a crisis of conscience (1943) [Disc 2]: The living magoroku ( Ikite iru Magoroku ) -- Under pressure form neighbors, a wealthy family must decide if they want to cultivate soil that hasn't been tilled for centuries in order to aid the war effort. (1943) [Disc 3]: Jubilation street ( Kanko no machi ) -- A close community must evactuate their beloved neighborhood. (1944) [Disc 4]: Army (Rikugun) -- A young man is shipped off to war, and his mother and father have different reactions. (1944) [Disc 5]: Morning for the Osone family ( Osone-ke ashita ) -- After Japan's unconditional surrender, this family drama functions as an angry indictment of Japanese imperialism. (1946).
- DVD 10794
- In sixteenth century Japan a village potter and his brother-in-law set out for the city to seek their fortunes in the spoils of war. Their neglected wives suffer the bitter consequences of their husbands' ambition as one is murdered by soldiers and the other is raped and becomes a prostitute.
- DVD 4696