Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mingus, Charles
- All night long
- The classic tale Othello is translated and retold to the world of 1960's London jazz clubs. Over the course of one eventful evening, the anniversary celebration of the musical and romantic partners Aurelius Rex and Delia Lane, a jealous, ambitious drummer, Johnny Cousin, attempts to tear the interracial couple apart.
- DVD 8041
- Charles Mingus triumph of the underdog /
- The first comprehensive documentary of Afro-American jazz bassist, bandleader and composer Charles Mingus who led a tumultuous life filled with trauma and frustration, joy and creativity. Nine years in the making and exhaustively researched, virtually everything used in the film is extraordinarily rare. Abundant clips of Mingus in performance in the 1960s and 1970s perfectly illustrate the many faces and tortured heart of a musical genius.
- DVD 8464
- Jazz icons.
- Presents European concerts from the 1950's and 1960's given by well known American jazz musicians.
- DVD 5679
- John Cassavetes' first film tells a gripping story of racism set against a New York background in the 1950s. Lelia, a light-skinned black woman living in New York with her two brothers, has an affair with a white man. But when her lover meets one of Lelia's brothers and discovers she is black, a painful and emotional eruption occurs.
- DVD 506