Films & Other Videos
Films with: Miller, Robert
- Celtics/Lakers best of enemies /
- There are rivalries, and then there is the Boston Celtics vs. the Los Angeles Lakers. This critically-acclaimed film not only gets to the heart of the greatest tug-of-war in NBA history, but also shows how their three riveting Finals in four years in the 1980s fueled the popularity of the NBA. Director Jim Podhoretz presents a fabulous cast of characters who would change the NBA and open America's collective mind.
- DVD 12869
- "PARTICLE FEVER gives audiences a front row seat to our generation's most significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. The film follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large Hadron Collider, marking the start-up of the biggest and most expensive experiment in the history of the planet. 10,000 scientists from over 100 countries join forces in pursuit of a single goal: to recreate conditions that existed just moments after the Big Bang and find the Higgs boson, potentially explaining the origin of all matter. But our heroes confront an even bigger challenge: have we reached our limit in understanding why we exist? PARTICLE FEVER is a celebration of discovery, revealing the very human stories behind the tale of this epic experiment."--Container.
- DVD 10992
- Red doors
- A Chinese-American retiree's sudden disappearance inspires life-changing perspectives in each of his three daughters.
- DVD 4816
- Theater of war
- An examination of Bertolt Brecht's "Mother Courage and her children", and the political philosophies the play represents. Preparing for The Public Theater's 2006 production of Brecht's anti-war play, Meryl Streep allows a camera crew to document her rehearsal process and interest in the work. Moreover, the life and times of Brecht himself are followed, most notably the playwrites' escape from Nazi Germany, subsequent exile, testimony to the House Un-American Activities Committee, and his eventual return to the country where the play was first staged. Along with backstage scenes and discussion by theatre notables such as Tony Kushner and Streep's costar Kevin Kline, the documentary seeks to depict the history and inspirations underlying the play's themes.
- DVD 8493
- Documents the rise of Dalton Trumbo's career in Hollywood and his subsequent public humiliation for being among the 'Hollywood Ten' blacklisted by the House Un-American Activities Committee in the 1940s for communist associations. Exiled and penniless, he wrote under various pseudonyms, and even won an Academy Award. Viewed by many as a moral and just man, Dalton stood for the American value and right of free expression.
- DVD 7081