Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mérimée, Prosper
- [Carmen] A beautiful gypsy girl uses her irresistible charms to seduce a faithful military guard so that a band of smugglers can penetrate his stronghold. [The cheat] Depicts an impulsive, social climbing woman who gambles away Red Cross funds entrusted to her. She seeks the help of an Asian merchant to save her reputation and in return becomes his property.
- DVD 1749
- Carmen opera in quattro atti /
- In 19th century Seville, the lusty, tempestuous Carmen seduces a naive Army corporal, Don José. Jose abandons his career, his fiancee and even his dying mother for the love of this sultry gypsy. But soon she spurns him for the love of a toreador, Escamillo. Crazed with jealousy, José begs Carmen to reutrn to him, but her taunting declaration of independence results in tragedy.
- DVD 3158
- Jean-Luc Godard
- Passion: A Godard-like director is trying to film a movie in the style of the great painters--Rembrandt, Goya, El Greco. The film is plagued by difficulties as the money for the film begins to run out, he can't seem to find the right lighting and the film has no story. In the middle of this intense situation, he starts a simultaneous affair with two women. Hanna, the owner of the hotel, and Isabelle, a factory worker who is trying to stir up a revolt. First name: Carmen: Carmen, a member of a terrorist gang, seduces the hapless policeman Joseph, who tries to arrest her during a bank robbery. Fleeing together, they hide out with her eccentric uncle until the restless Carmen leads them to an absurd doom. The film is set in contemporary France. Detective: Set amidst the confines of a decaying Parisian hotel, plot is set in motion when a miserably married couple attempt to collect a debt from mob-plagued boxing manager, the mischievously named Jim Fox Warner. Meanwhile, a house detective tries to solve an old murder case. It is a take on modern morality and popular culture. Oh, woe is me: God may have entered the body of Simon to experience love and desire with Simon's wife Rachel; based in part on the Greek legend of Amphitryon. The film is set in a small Swiss town on Lake Geneva.
- DVD 5424
- Loves of Carmen
- Set in 19th-Century Spain. Carmen is an amoral gypsy with a penchant for trouble and temporary love affairs. Young, respectable Dragoon Don Jose falls hard for the willful, sexy Carmen, but soon finds himself embroiled in her bohemian lifestyle and criminal ways. After killing his commanding officer in a duel, Jose and Carmen flee to a mountainous gypsy hideout.
- DVD 855
- Prénom Carmen First name, Carmen /
- A beautiful terrorist seduces the young policeman who is trying to arrest her.
- DVD 752