Films & Other Videos
Films with: Menʹshikov, Oleg
- Doktor Zhivago
- In Doctor Zhivago, the life of a young doctor is intertwined with the fate of Russia at the beginning of the 20th century.
- DVD 7231
- Est-ouest East-West /
- Follows the plight of a young couple and their child as they choose to go back to the Soviet Union in 1946.
- DVD 1942
- Kavkazskiĭ plennik Prisoner of the mountains /
- A Russian army patrol is ambushed by Caucasian rebels and two survivors are taken prisoner, by a local patriarch who is hoping to barter them for the release of his captured son. A bond of understanding develops between the soldiers and their captors, but it is broken when plans for their release go awry and a chain of violence and retaliation is precipitated.
- DVD 1803
- Utomlennye solnt︠s︡em 2 : Predstoi︠a︡nie = Burnt by the sun 2
- "Burnt by the Sun 2: a Russian drama film directed by and starring Nikita Mikhalkov. It is the sequel to Mikhalkov's 1994 film Burnt by the Sun. In the end of the previous movie, Burnt by the Sun, the main protagonist general Kotov was executed by NKVD. But, according to the new movie, he was sent to a labor camp instead. As Nazi Germany invades Soviet Union, Kotov, along with his few surviving camp-fellows, is drafted to a penal military unit, to fight against invading Germans. Two sub-plots also deal with the adventures of Kotov's daughter Nadya and Kotov's nemesis Mitya"--Summary from Amazon.com (10/18/2010).
- DVD 11211
- Utomlennye solnt︠s︡em Burnt by the sun /
- Nikita Mikhalkov directs and stars as Colonel S. Kotov, a hero of the Revolution, who is spending the summer in the country with his young daughter (Mikhalkov's real-life daughter), his wife and her eccentric family. But when his wife's childhood love suddenly appears, the idyllic summer day takes a surprising turn. A lyrical film filled with beauty and warmth, it is also an indelible account of a man dedicated to family and fatherland, cruelly destroyed by political paranoia.
- DVD 2076
- Utomlennye solnt︠s︡em.
- "The final part of Mikhalkov's trilogy about Divisional Commander Kotov finds him returning home during World War II having been betrayed, narrowly escaped execution for treason and nearly reduced to dust in a prison camp. Only to discover that everything has changed and he will have to fight again for his name, for his honor, and for his love."--IMDb.com.
- DVD 11239