Films & Other Videos
Films with: Melamede, Yael
- (Dis)honesty the truth about lies /
- Explores the complex impact dishonesty has on our lives and everyday society. Interweaving groundbreaking experiments from celebrated behavioral economist Dan Ariely with personal stories from individuals affected by the unraveling of their lies, Ariely and a team of scientists uncover our propensity to be dishonest - sometimes even unknowingly. What's revealed is a fascinating look at the forces behind our collective behavior and the many truths behind lies.
- DVD 12043
- Inner life of Martin Frost
- After working for three years on a novel, writer Martin Frost borrows the empty country house of friends for a long-needed rest. No sooner does he arrive, however, then an idea for a story comes to him. When he wakes the next morning, eager to begin his new tale, he is shocked to discover a young woman sleeping next to him in bed-- the attractive, effervescent Claire. Presumably the niece of his hosts, she wittily overcomes Martin's initial resistance to her and the two of them fall in love. But is Claire really the person she claims to be? What bearing does this mysterious muse have on Martin's work and what consequences does Martin's writing have on her?
- DVD 5521
- Inocente /
- Documents the inspirational life of Inocente Izucar, a homeless, undocumented fifteen-year old girl in San Diego, a bourgeoning artist, and the extraordinary challenges she must contend with on a daily basis.
- DVD 9691
- My architect
- Nathaniel Kahn documents the life and works of his father, Louis Kahn. Louis Kahn had an "official" family, including his wife Esther and daughter Sue Ann. He had two other secret families: with fellow architect Anne Tyng he had a daughter, Alexandra, and with his colleague Harriet Pattison he had Nathaniel.
- DVD 3726