Films & Other Videos
Films with: McGill, Bruce
- Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, one was the Yankees' best loved players and the other was their most valuable. 1961 was about to be the summer that no one who loves baseball will ever forget. Both men find that they are approaching Babe Ruth's 1927 single-season 60 home-run record. Facing pressure from the media and the stands, both men know that there is only room for one winner. The fans make their choice, but the people's favorite isn't the favorite to win.
- DVD 3799
- Max is a cab driver. For twelve years, faces have come and gone from his rear-view mirror: people and places he has long since forgotten--until tonight. When a drug cartel learns of their impending indictment by a federal grand jury, they mount an operation to identify and kill the key witness. Vincent is a contract killer. He has one night in L.A.--and five bodies are supposed to fall. Vincent hijacks Max and his cab, making Max collateral--an expendable person who is in the wrong place at the wrong time. Through the night, Vincent forces Max to drive him to each assigned destination, as the L.A.P.D. and F.B.I. race to intercept them. Max and Vincent become dependent on each other, in ways neither would have imagined.
- DVD 7108
- When former executive Jeffrey Wigand is fired by his employer, one of the largest tobacco companies in America, Wigand agrees to become a paid consultant for a story by veteran 60 Minutes producer Lowell Bergman, regarding alleged unethical practices within the tobacco industry. But what begins as a temporary alliance leads to a lengthy battle for both men to save their reputations and more.
- DVD 256
- Path to war
- Beginning after his election to the Presidency, Lyndon Johnson's dreams for "The Great Society" and his vision for civil rights in America were overshadowed by the Vietnam War. Johnson watches the nation react to the deaths of young Americans overseas.
- DVD 10842
- Waiting for the moon
- An engrossing and fascinating exploration of the complex relationship of Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas during a three-month period in 1936.
- DVD 4302