Films & Other Videos
Films with: Maysles, David
- Beales of Grey Gardens
- After Grey Gardens, the portrait of the relationship between Edith Bouvier Beale and her daughter Little Edie, spawned everything from a midnight-movie cult following to a Broadway musical to an upcoming Hollywood adaptation, the filmmakers went back to their 1976 vaults to create this tribute to both the Beale women and their legion of fans.
- DVD 6125
- Five films about Christo & Jeanne-Claude
- The 30 year collaboration between acclaimed filmmakers Albert and David Maysles, and the renowned environmental artists Christo and Jeanne-Claude.
- DVD 5728
- Gimme shelter
- A documentary of the Rolling Stones' 1969 tour of the United States, focusing on a free concert at the Altamont Speedway in California where a young man was killed during violence between the crowd and the Hell's Angels hired to "keep order." A disturbing portrait of one aspect of the rock and drug culture of the late 60's.
- DVD 1593
- Grey Gardens
- Portrait of the relationship between Edith Bouvier Beale and her grown daughter, Little Edie, once and aspiring actress in New York who left her career to care for her aging mother in their East Hampton home, and never left again. The aunt and cousin of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis feed their cats and raccoons and rehash their pasts behind the walls of their decaying mansion, Grey Gardens.
- DVD 1752
- "A landmark documentary ... Captures in vivid detail the bygone era of the door-to-door slesman. While laboring to sell a gold-embossed version of the Holy Word, Paul Brennan and his colleagues target the beleaguered masses, then face the demands of quotas and the frustrations of life on the road. Following Brennan on his daily rounds, the Maysles discover a real-life Willy Loman, walking the line from hype to despair"--Promotional materials.
- DVD 2113