Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mayersberg, Paul
- London's gambling world is the setting where aspiring writer Jack Manfred, suffering from writer's block, takes a job as a croupier to support his art. Knowing the dangers of the cards, Jack is adamant about remaining a professional outsider, but the temptations of the game inevitably swallow him deeper than he could have ever anticipated.
- DVD 2750
- Man who fell to earth
- An alien being comes to Earth to colonize its water riches but instead becomes head of a large corporation and is gradually destroyed by the pleasures, the technology, and the richness of life on earth.
- DVD 1559
- Man who fell to Earth
- An alien, on mission a mission to obtain water, becomes a head of a large corporation. Ultimately, he is overwhelmed by American capitalism and a relationship with a women. Includes director Roeg's full uncut version.
- DVD 4707
- Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence
- In a Japanese prison camp on Java in 1942, two British officers, John Lawrence and Jack Celliers, encounter camp commander Yonoi and his sergeant Hara. Things had been going pretty well, until charismatic, rebellious Celliers arrived. Yonoi is a devotee of the samurai ideal; neither he nor Hara can understand the stoic way in which the British prisoners accept their situation of defeat. Lawrence speaks Japanese, and ceaselessly tries to mediate between the prisoners and their overseers, translating both the words and the values of the two races. Celliers' attitude, however, is more comprehensible to Yonoi. He and Celliers arrive at a sort of détente, based on an admiration for the other, but this eventually turns into a contest of wills as the camp's carefully nurtured equilibrium is destroyed.
- DVD 8567