Films & Other Videos
Films with: Martel, Lucrecia
- Ciénaga The swamp /
- Mecha is a middle-aged woman with several bored teenagers, a husband who dyes his hair, and the tedious problem of sullen servants - nothing a few drinks can't cure. To avoid the hot and humid weather, they spend their summers at a country estate. Mecha's cousin, Tali, lives in a nearby city, has a crew of small, noisy children she is trying to deal with. Before long, the restlessness of domesticity strains both families' nerves, exposing secrets and threatening to erupt into violence.
- DVD 1032
- Mujer sin cabeza The headless woman /
- "A bourgeois woman is driving alone on a dirt road when she becomes distracted and runs over something. In the days following this jarring incident, she becomes dazed and emotionally disconnected from the people and events in her life. She becomes obsessed with the possibility that she may have killed someone. The police confirm that there were no accidents reported in the area and everything returns to normal, until a gruesome discovery is made"--Container.
- DVD 10185
- Niña santa
- Dr. Jano is speaking at a medical convention at an Argentinean hotel well past its prime. He is attracted to Helena, single mother and co-owner of the hotel. Amalia, Helena's teenage daughter, is starting to explore both her faith and her sexuality, spending much of her time with her best friend Josephina. In their imaginations, the girls tend to conflate the erotic, the religious, and the lurid. Then Dr. Jano makes an anonymous sexual advance towards Amalia in public, and sets in motion a chain of events that will have serious consequences for all of them.
- DVD 11039
- "Zama, an officer of the Spanish Crown born in South America, waits for a letter from the King granting him a transfer from the town [in Asunción, Paraguay] in which he is stagnating, to a better place. His situation is delicate. He must ensure that nothing overshadows his transfer. He is forced to accept submissively every task entrusted to him by successive Governors who come and go as he stays behind. The years go by and the letter from the King never arrives. When Zama notices everything is lost, he joins a party of soldiers that go after a dangerous bandit."--Container.
- DVD 12906