Films & Other Videos
Films with: Marlow, Daniel
- "One in every four students is bullied online. The growing world of cyber bullying is reaching new heights, as youth struggle to hide their differences for fear of abandonment and public humiliation. Cyber bullying does not discriminate between boys and girls, physical differences of mental challenges; and the cyber bully takes victims at will, since he or she can remain anonymous. Jacob Zellman tells how being cyber bullied led him to the brink of suicide. Intervention and support from loved ones kept him alive, and now Jacob is an active advocate against bullying"--Container.
- DVD 10138
- "Each year more than 160,000 students will be absent from school as a result of being bullied. A vast majority of these students are harassed because of their sexual orientation. In a society that is growing in tolerance, many students still face humiliation from their peers and even family members. At the core of the episode, we listen to Emma, a young high school student struggling to gain the acceptance of her mother and fellow classmates. Experts provide information on support groups and resources in place to empower those in the gay or lesbian community"--Container.
- DVD 10137
- Living with a challenge
- "Walk a mile in their shoes and witness first-hand the struggles people with a disability face on a daily basis. Nick George, a young man with Asperger's syndrome, shares his experiences. Tony Bartoli lives with cerebral palsy. Bullied as a youth and constantly pushed down emotionally and physically, he found strength in the people who stood up for him and faced the bullies. Now as an adult, Tony tours internationally giving motivational speeches and showing how he found optimism while battling an ever worsening condition. Featured experts examine the warning signs for the parents that suspect their child might be bullied. Abuse does not always come from classmates or other students. To his horror, Stuart discovered that his son Akian, an elementary school student with autism, was repeatedly bullied by a teacher and aide. Conny Dahn, a special needs teacher, describes her experience turning around the culture of bullying in her daughter's school"--Container.
- DVD 10139
- "Students reveal the devastating affects of being physically bullied in school and in public. We hear from Liz, a student whose health was threatened to the point of seeking home schooling...We visit a high school that started a Peer Mentors program, a 'student helping student' group with new solutions to end bullying"--Container.
- DVD 10118
- "When most people think of bullying, they think of physical abuse. However, bullying goes beyond the physical and can encompass the verbal....verbal bullying can in some cases be just as harmful as physical. Learn what emotional bullying can do to an individual's self-esteem, why it's often a silent killer and how it can be put to an end"--Container.
- DVD 10136