Films & Other Videos
Films with: Marignac, Martine
- Brigands, chapitre VII Brigands, chapter VII /
- This crazy, satirical epic humorously portrays several eras in European history. Though the costumes and regimes change, the film suggests, the human motives of lust and greed remain the same. Jumping back and forth in time, the film condemns its characters to an eternity of irony. In one section, a medieval king named Vano, who has a penchant for exotic torture techniques, executes his wife for being unfaithful. Seamlessly the film flashes forward to the early 1930s, with another Vano, played by the same actor, portraying a low-down thief who suddenly seizes power. Intercut with all of this is the story of a contemporary Vano, a hapless drunk who wanders across the underworlds of Europe.
- DVD 2714
- Holy motors
- Monsieur Oscar, a mysterious, shadowy character, spends a day traveling through Paris in a limousine driven by his loyal chauffeur, Celine. During his travel, he journeys from one life to the next, taking on the appearances of a wide variety of characters, including a captain of industry, an assassin, a beggar, a monster, a reptilian sex god, a melancholy father, and a dying old man.
- DVD 9937
- Jeanne la Pucelle
- Film tells the story of Joan of Arc. Battles describes her early life, hearing the voices, and the victory over the English. Prisons describes her capture, imprisonment, trial, and execution.
- DVD 2108
- Secret défense
- A young scientist discovers, from her brother, that their father's death wasn't an accident, but that he was killed by his business partner and friend.
- DVD 1412