Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mannes, Elena
- God in government
- Explores the complex relationship between religion and politics in the contemporary world with the United States as the focal point.
- DVD 1975
- This program looks closely at what it means to be a Muslim in the 21st century. Filmed in Egypt, Malaysia, Iran, Turkey, Nigeria and the United States, Muslims explores the influence of culture and politics on religion, and provides a deeper understanding of the political forces at work among Muslims around the world. The program emphasizes Islam's kinship with Christianity and Judaism and looks at diverse interpretations of Islam among the Muslim people.
- DVD 1358
- Norman Rockwell painting America /
- Examines Norman Rockwell, "the artist of the people," using archival footage and visual images from the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. Featuring interviews with historians, critics, family, friends and admirers, this production gives an in depth look at the artist, his art and the Americana he created with his brushstrokes.
- DVD 1315
- On our own terms Moyers on dying /
-  Living with Dying : Describes the search for new ways of thinking and talking about dying. Forgoing the usual reluctance that most Americans show toward speaking about death, patients and medical professionals alike come forward to examine the end of life with honesty, courage, and even humor, demonstrating that dying can be an incredibly rich experience for both the terminally ill and their loved ones.  A Different Kind of Care: Presents important strides being made in the area of palliative care at pioneering institutions such as New York's Mt. Sinai Hospital and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. These advances are bringing peace to those who fear that they will be a burden to loved ones, will suffer needlessly, or will be abandoned in their hour of greatest need.  A Death of One's Own : Unravels the complexities underlying the many choices at the end of life, including the bitter debate over physician-assisted suicide. Three patients, their families, and their doctors discuss some of the hardest decisions, including how to pay for care, what constitutes humane treatment, and how to balance dying and dignity.  A Time to Change : Presents crusading medical professionals including staff members of the Balm of Gilead Project in Birmingham, Alabama, who have dedicated themselves to improving end-of-life care by changing America's overburdened health system.
- DVD 9905