Films & Other Videos
Films with: Man Ray
- Anthology of surreal cinema.
- Entŕacte: After a man is killed, his coffin takes on a life of it's own. After a long surrealistic chase, he climbs out of his coffin and makes everyone that was chasing his coffin disappear! -- container. La coquille et le clergyman: Obsessed with a general's wife, a clergyman has strange visions of death and lust, while struggling against his own eroticism. -- container. Ballet mecanique: An experimental film short from Cubist painter Fernand Léger containing a montage of images and rhythms that create a hallucinatory effect. Features the original soundtrack. -- container. Anemic cinema: An abstract and maybe nihilistic film short containing spiral forms merging into a rotating disc that's labeled with different messages. -- container.
- DVD 3731
- Avant-garde experimental cinema of the 1920s and '30s.
- Twenty-five short films selected from the avant garde movement of the 1920's and 1930's.
- DVD 3807
- Photography as art
- "When specialty cameras, trick photography, and digital manipulation are combined with creative genius, photography becomes and extremely versatile medium of expression and self-exploration. This program examines the history of photography, charting its evolution from a technical craft to a fine art. Works of Tim Macmillan, Catherine Opie, Suky Best, Alison Jackson, and Caroline Molloy are highlighted. Archival clips of Man Ray, Cindy Sherman, Bill Brandt, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Andreas Feininger, Robert Mapplethorpe, and Duane Michals, Richard Avedon, and Elsie Hill are included"--Container.
- DVD 2302