Films & Other Videos
Films with: Majīdī, Majīd
- -e Majnoon The willow tree /
- Youssef, a blind University professor, is suddenly faced with a fatal disease and must undergo a treatment in France. Back home, will he find the life he had before?
- DVD 5531
- Avaze gonjeshk-ha The song of sparrows /
- After being let go from his job on an ostrich farm a man leaves his small village to find work in the big city. As a motorcycle taxi driver, he soon becomes consumed with his passengers' lives, and is swept up in a world of greed. Now it is up to his family back home to help restore his caring and generous nature.
- DVD 9199
- Bacheha-Ye aseman Children of heaven /
- A young boy, Ali, loses his sister Zahra's school shoes. In order to stay out of trouble, the two come up with a plan to share Ali's shoes, but they must keep it a secret from their parents.
- DVD 2918
- The story of illegal Afghan immigrants living and working at a construction site in Tehran, Iran. When one of the workers is injured, his daughter, posing as a man, becomes the breadwinner. But a hot-headed 17 year-old local youth also working at the site discovers the secret.
- DVD 3513
- Bāykūt Boycott /
- Set in the period just prior to the Islamic Revolution the story is inspired by the filmmakers's own painful experiences. Valeh, a member of a leftist organization, is arrested and is sentenced to death. In prison, he reconsiders his beliefs and comes to doubt the validity of the ideas for which he is condemned. At the same time, his prison comrades are pressuring him to make a sacrifice for their cause.
- DVD 11090
- Color of paradise
- Mohammad joyfully returns to his tiny village on summer vacation from the Institute for the Blind, unaware of his father's intentions to disown him. Engaged to be married, the widowed man has kept Mohammad a secret from his fiancee, certain the boy's disability will destroy his only chance for happiness. With the wedding swiftly approaching Mohammad's future hangs precariously in the balance as his father struggles against his destiny, unable to see the wonder of life and love that's so clear to his son.
- DVD 1697