Films & Other Videos
Films with: Maestro, Mía
- Diarios de motocicleta Motorcycle diaries /
- An inspirational adventure, based on the true story of Ernesto Guevara and Alberto Granado, whose thrilling and dangerous road trip across Latin America becomes a life-changing journey of self-discovery.
- DVD 3498
- The life of artist Frida Kahlo, from her humble upbringing to her worldwide fame and controversy that surrounded both her and her husband, Diego Rivera.
- DVD 1798
- In the time of the butterflies
- An idealistic young woman falls for a rebel leader and takes on a murderous dictator. Today, November 25 is observed in many Latin American countries as the International Day Against Violence Towards Women. This is based on the story of the Mirabal sisters, whose deaths became the final blow to the regime of Leonidas Trujillo, who was assassinated six months later.
- DVD 6153
- Niña santa
- Dr. Jano is speaking at a medical convention at an Argentinean hotel well past its prime. He is attracted to Helena, single mother and co-owner of the hotel. Amalia, Helena's teenage daughter, is starting to explore both her faith and her sexuality, spending much of her time with her best friend Josephina. In their imaginations, the girls tend to conflate the erotic, the religious, and the lurid. Then Dr. Jano makes an anonymous sexual advance towards Amalia in public, and sets in motion a chain of events that will have serious consequences for all of them.
- DVD 11039
- When a freak virus kills all but four passengers on an airplane at JFK, Ephraim Goodweather, head of the Center for Disease Control's "Canary Team," is immediately called to the scene. With help from a mysterious Holocaust survivor, "Eph" and his colleague uncover the outbreak's ties to vampirism. Now, the only way to stop the terrifying disease from wiping out mankind is to face its source, a sinister supernatural creature known as "The Master."
- DVD 10910
- Set in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the film tells the story of director Mario Suarez's quest to make the ultimate tango film. Lonely after his wife (one of the film's stars) has left him, Mario must find the themes that will hold the film together, while simultaneously permitting his musicians and dancers the freedom of expression that is necessary to satisfy the tango-hungry Argentine audience. Things become complicated when Mario falls in love with Elena, a beautiful and talented young dancer who is the girlfriend of the powerful and dangerous Angelo Larroca, an investor in the picture. And Mario's creative vision is challenged by his investors when he plans a scene that recreates Argentina's dark years of political suppression and "disappearances".
- DVD 693